Saturday, June 24, 2006
While talking to a coworker today, he was telling us about a date he went last night. It reminded me of one I went to couple of months ago. So I asked him, did you pay for your date, and he said he always does on the first date, But it would be nice if the Lady offers, not that he would accept.......

After talking just once on the phone we decided to meet. Actually it wasn't a bad Idea, I thought, after all we don't have to tell our whole life story over the phone.

We could meet and then go from there. Since he wasn't from around here, where I live, I chose the restaurant. Its a new and very nice restaurant.
We met and he wasn't bad looking and he seemed nice. But It all stopped there. While bad mouthing his Ex during the dinner, he screamed at the waitress, because she wanted to make sure we have everything. Well she over did it and kept coming to our table.
I was listening to him and found out that money is a big concern to him. The way he was talking about his ex and how he left her in his country, so he wont pay her anything. I knew that he wont sleep that night if he paid for dinner.
So after we had Dinner I offered, let me pay for my share. He accepted like a blink of an eye.
Well, he was generous enough to pay for the Tip.
So when He called for second date, my answer was NO. It wasn't because I had to pay for my dinner, I wouldn't mind if the company was good. But I didn't even enjoy our whole conversation.
Is it too much to expect the guy to pay for the first date? Coming from different culture, In my country ladies never pay for dinner date. Sharing is Ok with me, But after getting to know each other better. Well maybe its just me.....
 
posted by Persianeyes at 11:41 PM |


5 Comments:


At June 25, 2006 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Well , I can't help you that much today on this subject since I never went on a date back home so I do'nt know what goes on overthere. But here, first impression is very important. It may get you a second date or not. Not that i am an expert but for just being polite, man should pay and refuse her request for sharing the bill. I think it is ok for her to leave a tip.
So do I understand you correctly that if I pay for the first date, you will pay for the second and third? I say "that is a DEAL"!
LOL

 

At June 25, 2006 6:00 PM, Blogger Persianeyes

As You said and I Quote: man should pay and refuse her request for sharing the bill. I think it is ok for her to leave a tip.
So do I understand you correctly that if I pay for the first date, you will pay for the second and third? I say "that is a DEAL"!

What happend to men should pay and refuse her request to pay?LOL

 

At June 26, 2006 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

That was only for the first date!
We were talking about the first date, remember?!
LOL

 

At June 30, 2006 8:48 AM, Blogger Shankar Pandiath

Never knew paying on dates was such a hot issue... should do my accounts and check whether I could claim any refunds... now that the 2nd, 3rd issue is more clear..

To think back, It appears that I have been screwed. [not the way you think] Even then, perhaps I can write off a couple of payments - even then I would still be eligible for a refund !

 

At June 30, 2006 9:44 PM, Blogger Persianeyes

Common Tom, I am sure you could make a better excuse.