Saturday, April 22, 2006
10th grade **********
As I sat there in English class,
I stared at the girl next to me.
She was my so called 'best friend'.
I stared at her long, silky hair,
and wished she was mine.
But she didn't notice me like that,
and I knew it.
after class, she walked up to me
and asked me for the notes
she had missed the day before.
I handed them to her.
She said 'thanks' and gave me a kiss on the cheek.
I want to tell her,
I want her to know that I dont want to be just friends,
I love her but I'm just too shy, and I dont know why.
11th grade **********
The phone rang.
On the other end, it was her.
She was in tears, mumbling on and on abou
t how her love had broke her heart.
She asked me to come over because
she didn't want to be alone, so I did.
As I sat next to her on the sofa,
I stared at her soft eyes, wishing she was mine.
After 2 hours, one Drew Barrymore movie,
and three bags of chips,
she decided to go to sleep.
She looked at me, said 'thanks'
and gave me a kiss on the cheek.
I want to tell her, I want her to know that
I don't want to be just friends,
I love her but I'm just too shy, and I dont know why.
Senior year ***********
The day before prom she walked to my locker.
"My date is sick" she said, "he's not gonna go" well,
I didn't have a date, and in 7th grade,
we made a promise that if neither of us had dates,
we would go together just as 'best friends'.
So we did.
Prom night, after everything was over,
I was standing at her front door step.
I stared at her as she smiled at me
and stared at me with her crystal eyes.
I want her to be mine,
but she isn't think of me like that, and I know it.
Then she said- "I had the best time,thanks!"
and gave me a kiss on the cheek.
I want to tell her, I want her to know that
I dont want to be just friends,
I love her but I'm just too shy,
and I don't know why. A day passed,
then a week,then a month. Before I could blink,
it was graduation day.
I watched as her perfect body floated like an angel
up on stage to get her diploma.
I wanted her to be mine-
but she didn't notice me like that,
and I knew it.
Before everyone went home,
she came to me in her smock and hat,
and cried as I hugged her.
Then she lifted her head
from my shoulder and said-
'you're my best friend,thanks'
and gave me a kiss on the cheek.
I want to tell her, I want her to know
that I dont want to be just friends,
I love her but I'm just too shy,
and I don't know why.
Now I sit in the pews of the church.
That girl is getting married now.
I watched her say 'I do' and drive off to her new life,
married to another man.
I wanted her to be mine,
but she didn't see me like that, and I knew it.
But before she drove away,
she came to me and said 'you came!'.
She said 'thanks' and kissed me on the cheek.
I want to tell her,
I want her to know that I dont want to be just friends,
I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.
Years passed,
I looked down at the coffin of a girl
who used to be my 'best friend'.
At the service, they read a diary entry she had wrote in her high school years.
This is what it read:
"I stare at him wishing he was mine; but he doesn't notice me like that, and I know it.
I want to tell him, I want him to know that I don't want to be just friends,
I love him but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.
I wish he would tell me he loved me!"
'I wish I did too...' I thought to myself, and I cried.
Do yourself a favor,tell her/him you love them.
They won't be there forever.
The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.
 
posted by Persianeyes at 6:35 PM |


0 Comments: