Thursday, March 30, 2006

Seezdah Bedar
April/2/2006

The two weeks long Nowruz celebration ends with SeezDeh Bedar. SeezDeh means Thirteen and SeezDeh Bedar is the process of getting over with or passing over the thirteenth day of the New Year
This day is usually celebrated outdoor in a picnic style. This is the last day of New Year celebration and life will return to normal the following day
Schools will open, shops will start on their regular hours and offices and Government agencies are back in normal operation. So, this is the last chance to spend some time with family and friends and enjoy the fresh smell of Spring.On this day, girls & boys tie a knot with grass and make wishes perhaps for a husband or wife. When the knot is opened (it is beleived that) their luck will open and their wishes will come true. Newly weds also tie a grass knot making wishes for a baby, a house, or whatever is on their Have-To-Have list
is the 13th day of Nowruz and Persians to overcome the bad luck they spend the entire day out of the house with families and friends in the parks having a picnic. They sing and play games and celebrate a happy and healthy holiday season and end the holiday season on a positive note ...
 
posted by Persianeyes at 1:55 PM |


5 Comments:


At March 30, 2006 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

if you are Persian, you MUST be beautiful. Here are just a couple of corrections to your profile:

Living in New York has thought me how to deal with different people, USUALLY they ask what's your name, I say Parisa, they are surprised to hear something new, Acting like they CAN'T pronounce it. Then I say if you add A at the end of Paris, it would be Parisa, and VOILA, all of a sudden they become so smart to say my name..... Parisa is a PERSIAN name, means like an angel

Are you as beautiful as your name ?

 

At March 30, 2006 6:11 PM, Blogger Persianeyes

Thanks Dear,
I made the changes, I guess I have to pay attention to capital words in my writings.I feel beautiful, and as long as you are comfortable with the way you are, it makes you happier in life. That's all that counts to me.
Parisa

 

At March 31, 2006 7:20 AM, Blogger Persianeyes

HI Pezh,
Thanks for stopping by, well compare to Your Writings this is nothing, But I like to share the things I read or find on web with friends. Cant wait to read your stories again. Have a great Seezdah Bedar.

Parisa

 

At April 01, 2006 3:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

You have done it again. Bringing back memory. I think one of these days you will convince me with your posts that I want to move back. LOL.

 

At April 01, 2006 8:17 AM, Blogger Persianeyes

Who wouldnt want to go and visit Iran again. Oh how I miss seezdah bedar, getting ready the night before, waking up early, waiting in the Terafic for hours just to get to our destination. It was so much fun, whenver I think about it, brings back Good Memories....